2014 Record: 64-98
- Yasmany Tomas: Third Base
- Jeremy Hellickson: Starting Pitcher
- Rubby De La Rosa: Starting Pitcher,
- Allen Webster: Starting Pitcher
- Wade Miley: Starting Pitcher
- Miguel Montero: Catcher
- Archie Bradley: Starting Pitcher, age 22
- Aaron Blair: Starting Pitcher, age 22
- Braden Shipley: Starting Pitcher, age 22
2015 Outlook: The Diamondbacks had a truly disastrous season in 2014 as they finished with the worst record in the major leagues. The pitching staff wasn’t expected to be that great but an injury to their ace Patrick Corbin and the ineffectiveness of veterans Brandon McCarthy and Trevor Cahill resulted in Arizona giving up the third most runs in all of baseball. The Diamondbacks made some additions to their rotations and it should be better this year but still probably not very good. The offense should also be better with a healthy Paul Goldschmidt and Mark Trumbo. The big addition this offseason though is the signing of 24 year old Cuban Yasmany Tomas. Arizona gave him almost 70 million dollars in the hopes he is this year’s Jose Abreu. Even though this team will improve they will not compete for a playoff spot this year.
Player to Watch: Yasmany Tomas – If he is half the hitter Jose Abreu is he should be worth the 70 million dollars.