2014 Record: 79-83
- Nick Markakis: Outfield
- Shelby Miller: Starting Pitcher
- Mike Foltynewicz: Starting Pitcher
- Alberto Callaspo: Second Base
- Jason Heyward: Outfield
- Justin Upton: Outfield
- Brandon Beachy: Starting Pitcher
- Kris Medlen: Starting Pitcher
- Ervin Santana: Starting Pitcher
- Evan Gattis: Catcher
- Jose Peraza: Shortstop, age 20
- Lucas Sims: Starting Pitcher, age 20
2015 Outlook: Atlanta had a disappointing season last year, finishing below .500 for the first time since 2008. The pitching staff was excellent as always but they could not hit at all. This offseason they tried to fix this problem by trading away some of their best hitters; Heyward, Upton, and Gattis. They let go two of their young pitchers, Beachy and Medlen, after they both missed the entire 2014 season. They did acquire some good young pitchers so their pitching should still be among baseball’s bests. Their problem will once again be their offense though.
Player to Watch: Julio Teheran – Teheran had a 2.89 ERA last year at age 23. Will he continue to improve as he gets older or will a drop in fastball velocity limit his effectiveness?