2014 Record: 66-96
- Daniel Descalso: Shortstop/Second Base
- Nick Hundley: Catcher
- Michael Cuddyer: Outfield
- Josh Rutledge: Second Base
- Franklin Morales: Starting Pitcher
- Jon Gray: Starting Pitcher, age 23
- David Dahl: Outfield, age 20
- Kyle Freeland: Starting Pitcher, age 21
The Rockies started 2014 off pretty well when they were healthy before becoming the worst team in the league. Their three best hitters; Michael Cuddyer, Carlos Gonzalez, and Troy Tulowitzki all got hurt. The pitching was predictably awful, allowing more than 800 runs. The team didn’t do anything over the offseason to improve their team and are probably resigned to another losing season. The Rockies best chance is if Tulowitzki and Gonzalez are healthy and have MVP type seasons and for young pitchers like Eddie Butler and Jon Gray to have impressive seasons.
Player to Watch: Troy Tulowitzki
Tulo might be the best player in the league. He needs to stay healthy.