2014 Record: 94-68
- Jimmy Rollins: Shortstop
- Howie Kendrick: Second Base
- Yasmani Grandal: Catcher
- Brandon McCarthy: Starting Pitcher
- Brett Anderson: Starting Pitcher
- Joel Peralta: Relief Pitcher
- Matt Kemp: Outfield
- Dee Gordon: Second Base
- Hanley Ramirez: Shortstop
- Dan Haren: Starting Pitcher
- Corey Seager: Shortstop, age 20
- Julio Urias: Starting Pitcher, age 18
- Joc Pedersen: Outfield, age 22
Los Angeles won 94 games last year but the new front office wasn’t content with bringing the same squad back this year. The Dodgers were very active in the offseason and will start 2015 with four new starters in the lineup. The new front office’s goals were clear by getting rid of the defensively challenged Kemp, Gordon, and Ramirez. Their replacements; Pedersen, Kendrick, and Rollins, are all better defenders.
The Dodgers also added two new starters to their rotation led by Kershaw, Greinke, and Ryu. New additions McCarthy and Anderson have high upside but also are high risk as both have had a history of injuries. The Dodgers made some bold moves but they succeeded in building a more well rounded team. They are the clear favorite in their division and are one of the top contenders for the 2015 championship.
Player to Watch: Brandon McCarthy
McCarthy pitched great for the Yankees during the second half of last season. If he pitches as well as he did, then he should be the best 4th starter in baseball.