2014 Record: 77-85
- Asdrubal Cabrera: Shortstop
- John Jaso: Outfield, Designated Hitter
- Steven Souza: Outfield
- Kevin Jepsen: Relief Pitcher
- Matt Moore: Starting Pitcher
- Yunel Escobar: Shortstop
- Ryan Hanigan: Catcher
- Ben Zobrist: Second Base, Outfield
- Wil Myers: Outfield
- Matt Joyce: Outfield
- Jeremy Hellickson: Starting Pitcher
- Joe Maddon: Manager
- Willy Adames: Shortstop, age 19
- Daniel Robertson: Shortstop, age 20
2015 Outlook: The Rays had a strange 2014 season. They were bad, then they were good, and they ended up a little below average. They lost a number of players from last year’s team, most of which had disappointing years. They finally traded Ben Zobrist who had been one of the Ray’s best players for several years. he Rays also lost their manager Joe Maddon to the Cubs.
Even with the changes the Rays seem to be very similar to last year’s team. The lineup isn’t very strong but the pitching staff is young, deep, and talented. If the Rays are going to win the division the rotation has to be even better than last year and young players like Nick Franklin and Steven Souza will have to hit.
Player to Watch: Jake Odorizzi – Alex Cobb, Chris Archer, and Drew Smyly pitched very well for the Rays last year but Odorizzi might end up being their best pitcher.