Samsung announced two new phones in their lineup and they are both rather impressive. Just before the Mobile Wold Congress in Spain kicked off, Samsung introduced two new phones; the Galaxy S7 and the Galaxy S7 Edge. What’s different you ask? Let’s get right down to brass tax.
- Screen Size – 5.1 on the S7 and 5.5 on the S7 Edge
- Wireless Charging – Fast wireless charging, say goodbye to annoying cords, these phones charge wirelessly… and no additional hardware to buy!
- Water Resistance – Samsung reports these phones can be submerged in 5 feet of water for up to 30 minutes.
- Game Mode – For those gamers out there, this feature will improve your gaming experience while preserving the battery.
- Camera – moving on up, to the 12 megapixel rear facing camera and a 5 megapixel front facing camera, not too shabby!
- Expandable memory – these two phones have room for a microSD chip, so these phones can be upgraded to 200GB of memory!
- Processor – the S7 is 30 percent faster than the S6 thanks to the Qualcomm Snapdragon 820.
- Storage – They both come with 32GB of space, but remember that upgradable memory!
You can pre-order these two gems starting February 23rd at 8am EST. The launch date will be March 11th, as far as pricing is concerned, you can expect to pay $649 to $700 for the Galaxy S7 and $749 to $800 for the S7 Edge. Both of these phones are bringing the features you’ve seen in the larger phones to the smaller size… which is great for the person who doesn’t need a briefcase to hold their phones.